June 12, 2020
We are now in phase two!! Treetop Zoofari course continues to operate, and now the Junior Explorer course will operate as well. Groups will be limited to a maximum of 10 persons per training session.
Gear will continually to be disinfected after each use. This includes the Zip pulleys on the Junior Explorer Course.
March 30, 2020
The Treetop Zoofari Course is still open! The Governor’s stay-at-home order directs Virginians to only leave home for a few things, and engaging in outdoor activities with strict social distancing like Treetop Zoofari is permitted. The following steps have been adjusted to our operation in order to stay compliant with the latest safety guidelines given by our Federal and Local governments:
- Only allow a maximum of 10 persons per training(start) session at a time.
- Guests progress tree-to-tree on this experience so although there can be more than 10 people at a time on the course (the course is close to a mile long) you will only be near the people in your party.
- The Treetop Zoofari Course will be the only operating course at this time.
- The Junior Explorer will be closed until further notice.
- Additional safety measures
- Enforced social distancing from anyone outside of your party
- Harnesses will be sanitized after each use
- New leather gloves will be provided to each participant
- Gloves must be worn at all times during the course
- Please note that these are one size fits all and new leather is not yet broken in
- If you would like to bring your own leather work gloves, please do so. Our staff will confirm whether they will be sufficient for braking on our ziplines.
- Our staff will wear face masks while instructing guests
- Our staff handle all harnesses with latex gloves
- All tickets must be scheduled in advance by purchasing online only
- Please sign your waiver online only
March 17, 2020
The Junior Explorer and Treetop Zoofari Course training sessions now only allow for a maximum of 10 persons at a time. This is an effort made in order to stay compliant with the White House Administration and the Governors’ recommendations for minimizing our gathering points to no more than 10 people. (There will be more than 10 people permitted on the courses at a time due to the design of the course people naturally are well distanced from each other. Having the smaller group training sessions will also help maintain additional social distancing)
March 14, 2020
The staff at Metro Richmond Zoo’s Treetop Zoofari are committed to ensuring that our guests experience on our ropes courses are fun and safe. For this reason we have increased our disinfection routines to be more through as we sanitize our safety gear after each participant’s use. Guests may also bring their own gloves if they would like as well.
This tree-to-tree experience has minimal contact with others around as guests travel through the challenges and zip lines. This COVID-19 situation is fluid and evolving. Our park remains open as scheduled. We are monitoring the CDC’s evolving standards, as well as county and state government advisories, and will update you as the situation progresses.